Thursday, September 5, 2013

Returning to my old home

After a gap of six years, I am resuming to post. All these years were kind of capacity generation, evolving from novice to proficient and skill development which I honestly admit that lacked when started this blog. I have developed a fair capacity in terms of understanding the financial markets and economics, policy making, debate and putting all that in a right manner for discussion.

So, its opportune time for me to start my old journey which I left in mid-way. As the events unfolded over the last 4-5 months in markets, most of them political and some economical are calling up my inner thrust to put out what I think about it. Yesterday's Dr. Rajan, new RBI governor, whom I followed since 2007 when the US sub-prime crisis burst ( street folks have forgotten the crisis name leave alone the crisis); took in charge Central bank and redefined the Central bank Governorship on the first day itself.

It appears Dr. Rajan had set some short term goals when he come to RBI as special officer on duty and announced the first phase measures on day first and declared a set of goals with time table. We have never seen such act by RBI Governor on the first day itself in office. As he said, this first day  action underlines the new agenda what he has set for RBI, "Transparency & Predictability" which reflected in his speech.

I will post more on the actions taken by him juxtapose to his recommendation on financial reforms which are going to reflect in his decisions and thus transform RBI the "Central bank of emerging market-India" to "Central bank of Developed market".


No comments: